Friday, October 28, 2011

Digging deeper into Villaraigosas corruption


I have been in touch with the Los Angeles City Ethics Department several times over the last few days. In fact, I'm waiting to hear back from them on several crucial issues that may affect future litigation.

If you want to read all about the Alexander Hugh scandal, where Hugh illegally laundered money into the Villaraigosa re-election campaign in 2009, the full story is available at the Ethics website


The bigger problem -- which I believe I have discovered through researching Villaraigosa 2009 campaign statements -- is that Villaraigosa never returned the dirty money!

Usually, in cases like this, there is an embarrassing mea culpa moment and political campaigns are forced to return corrupt donations. Not exactly the rule here in Los Angeles, though.

I contacted the Mayors Office for answers. No response. Just stonewalling.

I'll be calling Ethics again today.