Tuesday, August 25, 2009

City Council Candidate Tamar Galatzan


As someone who lives, works, raises kids, and pays taxes in CD2, I know firsthand the city often dismisses the Valley and its concerns. I am running because I have a strong record of fighting and delivering for the residents of CD2, and I will continue that effort at City Hall.

Among my priorities are balancing the city’s budget, making our streets safer, and improving our schools. I will work tirelessly to enhance the quality of life for all residents of this wide and diverse district.
As a criminal prosecutor and a school board member, I relish challenging the status quo, and I derive a guilty pleasure from pushing and prodding bureaucrats to do what's right for our community. Being a good city councilmember is not a popularity contest, it’s doing whatever it takes to make our neighborhoods safer and more livable.