Friday, May 15, 2009

Endorsements

This may be coming a little late, (as I was trying to redesign my personal website to get this information out there, but it didn't work out in time) but I figure it is better late than never and I wanted people to be clear where I stood.


Carmen "Nuch" Trutanich for Los Angeles City Attorney

I'm very happy to endorse "Nuch" Trutanich for Los Angeles City Attorney. I met Nuch when we were both campaigning for office during the election in March of 09. Several events I attended featured Mayoral candidates along with City Attorney and Controller candidates. Listening to Nuch speak made me aware of who he is and what he stands for. I can simplify this and describe my opinion of him in six words.

Nuch Trutanich is a man's man.

And that is not a backhanded slap at Jack Weiss, either. I'm simply saying that, as a guy who has served in the military, there are other men in the world you can respect and admire. Guys who you would want in your platoon if you were facing heavy enemy fire. I trust Nuch instinctively. I want him on my team in anything.

Weiss, on the other hand, if he were in my platoon, I would never let him leave my field of vision. Simply put, I don't trust Weiss.

Weiss has been trying to smear Nuch with mailers saying he represented this rotten so-and-so when he was a lawyer. So what? As an attorney, sometimes you have to represent people you don't agree with and don't particularly care for.
(Kind of like how Weiss represents the residents of District 5 in City Council.)

It looks like Nuch is picking up momentum and I would call him the favorite right now. I wish him the best.

David Vahedi for Los Angeles City Council, Fifth District

To simplify this, I will just say that David Vahedi is the better choice here.
Paul Koretz is a career politician who is partially responsible for the current budget crisis, as he served in the State Assembly for several years recently. Koretz will say or do anything to win. He has no integrity.

I like Vahedi and the way he treats people. I have seen it myself at City Hall.

I am hoping Vahedi will win. Koretz would just be another liberal hack politician, beholden to vote for whatever position his big money and big labor donors tell him to support.


Rabbi Nachum Shifren for California State Senate - 26th District

Here is a really interesting situation. I know the Rabbi from various campaign stops and Republican Party activities. I like the Rabbi a lot. He is politically pretty far to the right, even further to the right than I am. But I like that about him. He is not backing down in this race or pandering to get votes. That is not his style.
He goes straight ahead in his attack plan. The Rabbi isn't going to spare anyones feelings in this race.
He is clearly superior to Curren Price, who is just another hack - a career politician who got termed out in a different district and shamelessly moved into the 26th just to earn yet another government paycheck.

Go Rabbi!

Tina Park for Los Angeles Community College Board of Trustees

I have met with Tina on several occasions, and I have a soft spot for her because she was one of the earliest people to sign my petition so that I could run for Mayor. She is a wonderful lady and I really hope she wins.



No on 1A -- No on all ballot propositions

This is a no brainer. The Governor wants you to vote to raise your own taxes. How dumb does he think we are?
No on 1A...it clearly is going down to defeat. The other measures are just excuses and ways to slide money around. Force Sacramento to make real changes. No on every ballot proposal.