Monday, July 13, 2009

Aces & Angels at the Playboy Mansion


I was invited to attend a charity event at the Playboy Mansion on Saturday, July 11th. It was called Aces and Angels and was hosted by celebrity Kim Kardashian. I really enjoyed visiting the Playboy Mansion. Everything was great and I did very well in the Celebrity Poker Tournament, making it down to the last 16 players (out of over 200) before getting knocked out by World Series of Poker Champion Jeff Madsen.

I got to talk to several celebrities there. Olympic gold medalist Bruce Jenner stopped by my table and I chatted with him about our similar surnames. 2005 World Series of Poker Main Event runner-up Steve Dannenman was at my table. So was "American Pie" actress Shannon Elizabeth. And actor Billy Burke, who plays the Dad in the "Twilight" vampire movies actually was sitting right next to me for a large part of the tournament. I'm happy to say that I outlasted all of them.