Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday - Geaux Saints!!


It's early on Super Bowl Sunday. I will start out my day and soon be out getting signatures for my petition for running for Congress. Super Bowl Sunday should be a great time to catch people at home.... just a few hours before game time. It's not easy getting Republican signatures in my district.... some precincts on my voter registration data sheets didn't have any! But I'm getting close to the finish line and hopefully I will be able to finish up today and turn them in at Norwalk this week.

As far as the game goes, I'll be rooting for the Saints. New Orleans is one of my favorite cities.
Its unusual mix of European and Cajun-Creole culture makes it unique in America.
I've been there multiple times, but haven't been back in over a decade.
The Hurricane Katrina images were tough to take because I personally knew some people living there.

The fans in New Orleans have wanted this for over 40 years now. They are one of the last few remaining teams to have never made it to the Super Bowl... (and I don't see the Lions or Browns getting close anytime soon.)

40 years of bad teams. The Saints fans deserve this and it would be the ultimate feel-good story of the year.
I hope one of my all-time favorite players, Reggie Bush of USC, has a big game today.


In other news, Zuma Doggs blog has reached number one on the Blog News ranker.
Congrats to him.
His Zuma Cam concept of non-stop video footage is revolutionary for a blogger.
I give him a lot of credit and respect.