Friday, November 16, 2012

I'm not running for City Council against Paul Koretz



I went to the Los Angeles City Clerks Office last week to take out papers to run for Los Angeles City Council in District 5 against Paul Koretz (a.k.a. The Cat Whisperer).

I did it to give myself more time to think about it. I'm just coming off an election loss in the 28th Congressional District against Adam Schiff. Even though I received over 46,000 votes for U.S. Congress (my best performance ever), it wasn't enough and Schiff defeated me easily in a district that is somewhat liberal.



I finally decided after much thought that I'm not running for Council District 5.

My reasons:

1) I have an overwhelming work schedule right now. I have to work every single day for the next 30 days, leaving me little to no time to run around getting signatures on the petitions the city requires to be on the ballot.

2) The voters in CD 5 are overwhelmingly liberal. If the voters in the 28th didn't care for my hardcore Conservative beliefs, what chance would I have in a District that is even more liberal? I mean...for God's sake....these people voted for the Cat Whisperer!! That fact speaks volumes.

3) The Los Angeles City political scene is so incredibly corrupt that no sitting Councilman has been beaten in an election in over 20 years. I could work my butt off against Koretz and maybe get 30-35% of the vote.... but why? What would be the point? Koretz won't lose, neither will any other sitting City official up for election.

This City faces enormous financial problems in the future due to its corrupt nature and the unreasonable pensions and benefits being doled out to former employees.

But don't worry about that.

Paul Koretz will take care of those precious kitties.

And when it comes to sound city government practices, that is really what it's all about, right?