Thursday, September 9, 2010

"Taco Truck" Alvarez for Governor?


Wow. Here is one that is difficult to get your head around.


Yeah, that's right. You heard me correctly.

I actually think that Alvarez is a Communist, but hey... isn't that just splitting hairs?

Alvarez had a lot of loony ideas when he was running for Mayor in 2009.
He said everyone had the right to a job, housing, free education, and free health care.
However, he never made it clear exactly who was going to pay for or provide these services.

At a campaign event in the Valley, Alvarez and I got into a little conflict because he was defending street vendors and I thought he was being naive and was totally unqualified to be Mayor.
Alvarez had gone into a tirade supporting workers rights and street vendors where he ended up screaming
"I STAND WITH THE TACO TRUCKS!!"

Later on in that same forum, I jokingly referred to him as "Taco Truck" Alvarez because he had just screamed that phrase a few minutes earlier.
Alvarez threw a hissy fit and demanded an apology and said he wouldn't participate in the forum any more if I didn't apologize.

I didn't want to, but I felt a responsibility to the forum hosts to smooth things out.
I told Alvarez it was just a joke. I regret that.
I wanted to tell him to get out of the election if he couldn't handle people "hurting his precious little feelings"... but I bit my tongue and tried to gloss over the heated moment.

He even called me an "Arch-Reactionary"
(I don't even know what that means, but I like the way it sounds.)

Out of all the people who ran against me in the Los Angeles Mayoral Election in 2009, Alvarez was the one I found the most troubling. His philosophies were deeply disturbing.

Alvarez is a dangerous lunatic, and his continual search for power over others gives me the chills.
Alvarez is the type of tyrannical egomaniac who would be running around and executing people in the middle of the street if they didn't follow his exact orders.

Now, the chances of Alvarez ever being elected to anything are remote.
I'm more worried about him getting his hands on power in some type of violent takeover.
Remember, they laughed at Hitler ....they laughed at Stalin ...... they laughed at Castro.

Eventually , they stopped laughing because it wasn't funny anymore.

If Carlos Alvarez ever achieved power, he would make Amon Goeth look like a meter maid.