Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ron Paul: A Modern Day Neville Chamberlain


Last night I was watching a recording I had made of the last GOP Presidential Debate in Iowa. I wanted to go over some of the facts and statements to compare them to the debate being held tonight at The Reagan Library in Simi Valley. I figured some of the candidates might be refining their answers, or even changing their stories.

I found myself strangely liking the performance of Jon Huntsmann. I don't agree with him on several subjects, but his performance was strong and he didn't back down from his views. I especially liked his comment on China, saying that the next President should know something about them. (Huntsmann was the U.S. Ambassador to China)

I was also surprised by how much I liked Rick Santorum. Ideologically, we have very similar philosophies. Unfortunately for Santorum, the media doesn't see him as a major player, so they spent most of their time grilling Romney, Bachmann, and Pawlenty.

The highlight of the evening for me was when Ron Paul and Rick Santorum got into a snit over Iran. Ron Paul dragged out his tired old nonsense about how America "meddles" in the affairs of other countries, and how 9-11 is just "blowback" from our interference.

Santorum blasted back, saying how how Iran is now a "Mullah-ocracy" and how they remained a clear and present danger because of their nuclear ambitions.

Ron Paul upsets me with this type of nonsense.

How can he not remember Pearl Harbor?
America lost 2,400 service members in one day.

They were attacked and killed by a country that we were not at war with.

This is what happens when you follow Ron Pauls advice and "mind your own business".

Yes, fighting wars is expensive. But not fighting them can cost you a lot more.

Your enemies will make sure of that.

Si vis pacem, para bellum...