Sunday, April 1, 2012

"I will not be signing your Pledge for Peace"


To: Richard Valdez
From: Phil Jennerjahn

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your interesting email this morning. I admire your political interests in both running for Congress and also keeping America out of armed conflict with other nations. I believe that yours is an admirable goal, but one that I feel is bit shortsighted and naive, because you seek an end result that is highly unlikely to occur.

I will not be signing your "Pledge for Peace" because I do not agree with two of the three statements contained in the document. To explain...

1. U.S. Out of Afghanistan

I do not agree with this statement. Do you remember that Muslims killed nearly 3,000 of our fellow Americans on September 11th, 2001? The political ideology of the followers of Islam dictates that they are to make war on their opponents until they enslave the entire world. This ideology is a threat to world security and world peace in every country on this planet. To ignore this fact makes you dangerously naive and probably not a very good choice to be a United States Congressman.

U.S. Out of Afghanistan? No. In fact, we may eventually need to station armed troops in every Muslim country on earth in order to protect the rest of the world from Islam.

2. No War with Iran

Again, Richard, your beliefs here are dangerously short-sighted. When a fanatical, genocidal leader like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad makes his evil intentions clear, you would be a fool to turn your back on him and ignore his warnings. Ahmadinejad routinely likes to rile up angry crowds in Iran by chanting "Death to Israel" at huge public gatherings. Iran has shown it's contempt for human rights by gunning down unarmed political protesters in the streets.

Yet, for some strange reason you feel these people are passive, that they are not pursuing a nuclear weapon, and you are perfectly o.k. with leaving them in power?
O.K.
That's your decision. But not mine.

A devastating war that destroys Irans capability to inflict harm on its neighbors might be the ultimate solution.

3. No Aid to Countries with Nuclear Weapons.

I actually agree with you on this one. I would massively cut foreign aid and I would eliminate it for countries who are our enemies.

By the way, I am supporting your opponent -- my good friend David Hernandez -- in the 29th Congressional District. David served in Vietnam and understands the threats that others pose to our nation.

So, thanks for emailing me your "Pledge for Peace", but I won't be signing it.

There are too many countries in this world with hostile intentions towards us to believe in your vision of world peace.