Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Is Mike Gatto going after Michael Higby?!


I don't like to talk about things like this, but it seems that local blogger Michael Higby has riled up some political operatives who are not fans of his exposé-centered blog, Mayor Sam.

Someone has started a new blog that is directed at Higby and attacks him with photos and commentary.

It is a particularly nasty piece of work and I don't approve of it.

In fact, I mention it only to condemn it.

I think Michael Higby is a good guy and has done some important political commentary for voters in this City.
He has been a "rock-in-the-shoe" type of irritant to many elected officials in the Los Angeles City government.
I don't always agree with him, but I think this latest attack on him is driven by anger and jealousy.

I have two immediate suspects.

1) Mike Gatto operatives
Mike Gatto has taken a beating on Mayor Sam and Higby has made clear his support of Sunder Ramani for the 43rd Assembly seat (evacuated by job-hopping political hack Paul Krekorian.)
2) Nutty Mayor Sam comments section poster Mary Cummins
Cummins has had a grudge against Higby ever since I wrote about her fraudulent sexual harassment lawsuit against the City. You can read more about the lawsuit here.

But, I could be wrong on both counts.

Higby could be getting attacked by someone from Janice Hahn's campaign, or a variety of other disgruntled political operatives. One person I don't suspect is Los Angeles Wave newspaper Contributing Editor Betty Pleasant, who has been much more open in her contempt for Michael Higby.