Sunday, January 16, 2011

Forget politics for this weekend, Packers in NFC Championship!



Yesterday was a shocking surprise to me as my Green Bay Packers (yes, I'm from the small town of Green Bay, Wisconsin) delivered an absolute whipping of the #1 seeded Atlanta Falcons in the NFC Divisional Playoffs.

The Packers now go on to face the winner of the Chicago Bears/ Seattle Seahawks game to be played today.
The winner of that game goes to Super Bowl 45 (XVL) in Dallas, Texas. I felt the Packers had a good, solid team this year , but also thought they would fall short of the Super Bowl. However, they just beat the Bears a few weeks ago and the Seahawks actually had a losing record this season, so the possibility is very exciting.

I've never been to a Super Bowl, but I would love to go. I went to New Orleans for Super Bowl 31 and to San Diego for Super Bowl 32, but was not able to obtain a ticket to either game. I attended the NFC Championship Game in 1997 in Candlestick Park where the Packers defeated the 49ers to go on to Super Bowl 32.

I'm hoping for a Seahawks win today. The last Packers-Seahawks playoff game I went to ended well for Green Bay. Seattle quarterback Matt Hasslebeck threw an interception in overtime that was run back for a touchdown and an instant Packers victory.

Here's a few photos of that game. January 4, 2004. It was about 10 degrees outside.
But everyone stayed for the whole game. We're Sconnie tough, you know?