Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Best. Birthday. Ever.


Today, December 6th, is my birthday and it is going to be a good one.

In just a little while, I'm going to go online and purchase some stock and become a part-owner of the Green Bay Packers. I've always wanted to do this my whole life, but I missed the last stock sale offering in 1997. These opportunities don't come around too often.

My best birthday ever happened when I turned 25. I was living in Taipei, Taiwan and teaching English at a variety of different schools, including the Mei Chia Christian University for women. Word got around and about 80 people showed up for a party at a local pub. Tons of gifts...I was a little embarrassed by their generosity. And the Chinese had a custom of taking their finger and swiping some frosting off the cake and smearing it on your face. So that was weird...but funny.

Yes, it would be tough to top that birthday, but today might come pretty close.

I'm about to become a part-owner of the Green Bay Packers.
Any of you want to join me?