Friday, December 2, 2011

Newt Gingrich : Serial Hypocrisy



I can't believe I'm doing this. I can't believe I'm putting a Ron Paul ad on my blog.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Texas Congressman. I like some of his ideas about finances and money supply issues, but I hate his foreign policy attitudes. I believe they are naive and dangerous for our country.

However, Newt Gingrich has to be stopped. And Ron Paul has come up with a blistering attack ad that uses Newts own hypocritical comments against him.

We already know that Newt is a serial adulterer, which raises character issues about him.
We also know that Newt was having an affair with his staffer Calista at the same time he was trying to impeach President Clinton for doing the same thing with Monica Lewinsky.
Now we know he profited off of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, who he enjoys demonizing on the campaign trail as the worst examples of big government.

His hypocrisy knows no limits.

Yes, he is a smart guy and a talented debater, but he is also a pretzel-like politician who is willing to twist himself into whatever political stance is convenient at the moment. Newt lacks character, and I don't want him being the nominee....which is a real danger now, as Iowa is only a month away and Gingrich is leading in most of the national polls.

Newt is a mercurial man, and I can only hope he reverts to form and implodes before the first votes are cast in Iowa.