Monday, May 21, 2012

At Rabbi Shifren campaign event


Yesterday I was invited to speak at a campaign event for my friend Rabbi Nachum Shifren. The Rabbi is a good man who I met a few years ago when I was running for Mayor and he was running for the California State Senate.

The Rabbi is now running for U.S. Senate in a very crowded field on June 5th. His ballot has 24 candidates listed. It won't be easy to get through that crowded field, but I am happy to support the Rabbi and he will receive my vote.

One of the pleasant surprises yesterday was getting to meet Conservative hero Sharron Angle, who failed by a very small percentage to defeat Harry Reid in Nevadas Senatorial election in 2010. Angle is a charming woman, and spoke at great length about her rise from obscurity as a former housewife and schoolteacher to sudden national prominence as the major Republican candidate who almost took out Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

She was disarmingly charming and honest. I can see why so many voters in Nevada liked her.