Saturday, May 26, 2012

Penn Jillette has a point



WARNING: There is some profanity in this video.

Comedian Penn Jillette has a very valid point here in this rant about President Obama and drug use. Jillette could also add that since the last three American Presidents admit to having used drugs at some point in their lives, then it might be time to re-evaluate the governments policies and laws concerning drug use.

I agree with Jillette that throwing people in prison doesn't solve the problem.

I don't agree with total legalization, but I definitely agree with decriminalization.

I still think it is best for our society to discourage drug use, but I think the punishments should be much less severe.

Putting millions of people in prison because they used drugs is becoming far too costly to the taxpayers. And it isn't solving the problem.

I think drug use should be treated like traffic violations. With escalating ticket costs and fines for each subsequent offense. I think taking money out of peoples pockets for violations slows them down a lot more than throwing them in prison.