Sunday, December 19, 2010

Me and the SEIU


I've never been a fan of the SEIU (Service Employees International Union).
To me, they are just a bunch of greedy pigs who think of nothing else except "How can we get our hands on even more of the taxpayers money?"

The SEIU has only one mission -- survival. They are only interested in getting more and more people on the taxpayers dime and getting more and more union dues so the union leaders can continue their fat-cat jet-setting lifestyles.

The SEIU has never solved any problems. But they sure do like to create them.

Months ago when I was organizing the Recall of Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, I went to a protest held outside his house by ... you guessed it... The SEIU, the very people who had helped elect him.

Only now, two-timing Tony was talking about cutting City positions and cutting City pensions. That is sacrilege in the SEIU world. They won't have it. Their massive sense of entitlement leads them to feel that ALL city budget issues should be "run past them first". How dare that little punk Mayor cut their jobs!

SEIU leaders said I could speak at the protest, then went back on that offer.
Even though I was an enemy of their enemy, the fact that they couldn't control what I was doing gave them great reservations about getting involved. With the SEIU, it's their way or the highway.
I put my car in gear about 10 minutes after this photo was taken.

In a comical turn of events, the SEIU sent me a questionnaire as I had registered as a Candidate for City Council in 2011.

The questions are so slanted that it is comical.

Question #13 If elected, would you support using the City's share of federal Workforce Investment Act funds for support and expansion of City jobs?

Like I said earlier in this blog, it's all about them.

They won't like my answer to Question 16...

Question 16 Would you cross a picket line?

Yes, especially if it was an SEIU picket line.

Something tells me I won't be getting their endorsement.