SUBJECT: Candidate for Chairmanship of RPLAC
I am running for Chairman of the Republican Party of Los Angeles County to restore Republican greatness to our community. As most of you know, Los Angeles County is “ground zero” for the rest of the state, i.e., when we win Los Angeles County we win California.
Our performance in this month’s general election was, to put it simply, an embarrassment. While the rest of America was recapturing the core of Constitutional government of, by and for the people, and “one Nation under god,” we were confounded once again by the good old boy network of self-interest and self-preservation. Consequently, California continued its downward spiral.
I come from the viewpoint of a fellow native Southern Californian, born and raised in San Pedro, who has seen our once great Party fall from grace. It is axiomatic that when the organization fails to reach its stated objectives, most often it is because of failed leadership.
Following my release from a Vietnam prisoner of war camp after more than six years, I continued to serve our country by supporting and defending the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. During that twenty-eight year career, I held positions as an aircraft pilot and eventually earned the rank of Colonel with responsibilities to lead and manage hundreds of military and civilian personnel and multi-million dollar budgets, both in the field and at the Pentagon. I have the experience and credentials to go out into the business, religious, and veteran's communities to raise funds which no other candidate can compare with.
After serving our Nation, I became a school principal for fourteen years and I hold two Masters Degrees: Political Science and Educational Administration. I currently serve as the Director of Ministries for the largest Los Angeles Catholic Parish, exercising the coordination of ministries comprised of Latino, Eastern European, African-American, and Asian citizens.
As Chairman, I intend to bring a fresh and enlightened leadership to the RPLAC:
- I come as an outsider, not an establishment operative: and this is not about “me!” I will work with every patriotic and dedicated Republican as I have done both in times of war and peace. This election is not about personalities, but ideas: Conservative ideas.
- As Chairman of RPLAC, my philosophy will be to work with all dedicated Republicans who desire to win elections by marketing our Party’s principles and platform to those who are currently not with us, in order for them to understand that we offer opportunity for all and believe in personal responsibility.
The major thrust of our efforts must be the establishment of relationships with those who have not voted Republican: those voting Independent, Democratic, or other parties primarily because we Republicans have not articulated our message of Constitutional fidelity, religious freedom, fiscal conservatism, and personal liberty and traditional family values—all virtues that are deeply imbedded in America.
- My personal relationship with national, state and local leaders makes me the logical choice for Chairman because I have established relationships with them; and also with voters across all politico-socio-economic levels. Only by executing a vigorous effort to market our Conservative Republican platform to all voters, can we be assured of winning elections.
Having a business degree or engaging in commerce is not enough: building trusting and meaningful relationships is critical to earning votes from communities our Party has ignored. I have worked, lived and served with people of all backgrounds in my twenty-eight years in our United States Air Force. I understand the dynamics politically, educationally, culturally, and I know how to organize resources in order to complete missions.
In order to be a successful Republican Party of Los Angeles County we must:
- Effectively raise funds to support our mission;
- Re-establish Republican conservative principles of limited government, individual liberty, and fiscal responsibility;
- Recruit and support quality, principled candidates for all RPLAC-related seats;
- Eliminate self-serving and self-promoting individuals who undermine our efforts to work together and win elections.
The challenges we Republicans in Los Angeles County face are formidable, however, I am convinced that by working together we can forge a credible and competent team to achieve convincing electoral victories not only in 2012 but beyond. And in order to do this I humbly and respectfully request the honor of your vote.
John FerCol-USAF, Ret.