Wednesday, July 20, 2011

West vs. Wasserman-Schultz (Round 1)



If you watch the above video, you will see Florida Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz giving her opinion about not supporting a Republican bill called "Cut, Cap and Balance", which attempts to deal with Americas budget crisis by cutting spending.

Like all lunatic liberals and totalitarians, Wasserman-Schulz believes in the enslavement of certain productive sections of society in order to pay for the non-productive sections. It's Democratic dogma, and they will never give that up.

It seems that in the video she makes a passing reference to fellow Florida Congressman, Allen West. Although she doesn't mention him by name, West feels it was quite obvious she was speaking about him.

West was livid and sent the following email out to several Capitol Hill power players....

******************************
From: Z112 West, Allen
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 04:48 PM
To: Wasserman Schultz, Debbie
Cc: McCarthy, Kevin; Blyth, Jonathan; Pelosi, Nancy; Cantor, Eric
Subject: Unprofessional and Inappropriate Sophomoric Behavior from Wasserman-Schultz

Look, Debbie, I understand that after I departed the House floor you directed your floor speech comments directly towards me. Let me make myself perfectly clear, you want a personal fight, I am happy to oblige. You are the most vile, unprofessional ,and despicable member of the US House of Representatives. If you have something to say to me, stop being a coward and say it to my face, otherwise, shut the heck up. Focus on your own congressional district!

I am bringing your actions today to our Majority Leader and Majority Whip and from this time forward, understand that I shall defend myself forthright against your heinous characterless behavior……which dates back to the disgusting protest you ordered at my campaign hqs, October 2010 in Deerfield Beach.

You have proven repeatedly that you are not a Lady, therefore, shall not be afforded due respect from me!

Steadfast and Loyal

Congressman Allen B West (R-FL)

**********************

Wests email hit the media, and became quite the sensation. Many of his followers were saluting him all over Facebook and Twitter for using the language he did in addressing Wasserman-Schultz. I agree with him that Wasserman-Schultz, like most Democrats, is "vile, unprofessional, and despicable"...but throwing around this type of language isn't going to help anything.

Now, to be quite honest, I think West kind of over-reacted here. Wasserman-Schultz barely mentions him at all. Clearly, there is some bad blood between them, as West makes reference to some event at his campaign headquarters in Oct 2010. I am not familiar with their personal conflict, but other political figures get criticized a lot worse than this. West appears to be a bit thin-skinned in this conflict.

Hell, I take a beating from Sunland Tujungas aspiring Totalitarian Strongman Joe Barrett on pretty much a weekly basis, but if you run for political office, you have to deal with detractors. It doesn't matter how oddly they may behave or act. It is part of the job requirement.

I called this blog post "West vs. Wasserman-Schultz" for a reason. I think there are unfinished issues between them, and it doesn't look like these two are going to be able to be cooperative anytime in the near future.

Expect more fireworks from them.