Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Santorum: "We did it again!"



Before I start this blog post I want to make one thing perfectly clear.

I had never supported Rick Santorum in this 2012 campaign because I wrote him off at the very start. I knew he had lost his Senate seat in Pennsylvania in a massive defeat, and I figured he was done as an elected official. I supported Rick Perry due to his successful economic record as Governor of Texas.

Even though Santorum managed a scrappy win in Iowa and did win several other states later on, I was still kind of dismissive of him. I didn't think he had what it took to win the nomination.

Now, I'm not so sure.

There are things I like about Santorum, his very Conservative philosophies for one. But there are other things I don't care for. He has some bad votes in Congress and his support of the vile traitor Arlen Specter still bothers me. However, he seems to be a good man overall and has a good way of connecting with voters.

I liked that he started this speech by mentioning how others in the country greet him by saying "I'm praying for you."

There are many people out there praying that Santorum can defeat Romney.

I'm one of them.