Monday, March 26, 2012

Supreme Court to hear the case vs. Obamacare


Today is the day that Tenthers like me have been waiting for ever since the passage of Obamacare in March of 2010.

Today the Supreme Court of The United States will hear arguments from the 26 states that are suing the Federal Government in a dispute over the overreach of power by the Executive and Legislative branches in enforcing a mandated health care system on the citizens of the United States.

I wish I could be one of the attorneys in that building making the case.

I feel Obamacare is a clear abuse of power. Never before in American history has the government forced its citizens to purchase a particular product in the free market.

The case and the issue bring before the Court the seminal "broccoli" argument: If the government can force you to purchase health care, then can they also force you to purchase broccoli? (George H. W. Bush's least favorite food)

The argument against Obamacare is lock solid. The legal power that the Federal government is exercising here is a continual trespass against States Rights. It violates their sovereignty by disallowing them their own options and solutions for health care.

It is my opinion that Obamacare must he held to be unconstitutional and that Obama and the Democrats must pay for what they have done in the fall elections.

I am quite certain that my favorite judge, Clarence Thomas, will rule against Obamacare.

I'm hoping he gets four more votes to back him up.