Saturday, October 2, 2010

Oh, how the hippies danced last night!!



Well, this doesn't really come as a surprise.

RINO Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger is signing a furious rush of bills before he is out of office.


I am pretty sure that Los Angeles City Attorney Carmen "Nuch" Trutanich and District Attorney Steve Cooley are not going to be happy about this. They had made it a point of their careers to be very anti-marijuana.
Nuch had already shut down hundreds of marijuana shops (and put himself in prime position to run for Mayor of Los Angeles in 2013.)

One of the happiest groups involved is probably law enforcement officers, who can now concentrate on more serious crimes, rather than throwing people in jail over a small amount of marijuana.

Part of Schwarzeneggers justification for doing this was that the court system is overloaded with petty drug cases. He needs the free court space to go after more serious crimes.

I can't say that I am happy about this development, but I can't say I'm upset, either.

I know many people will point out the dangers of drugs, but one thing that has always worried me more was the presence of an aggressive, totalitarian government, that feels it has the right to decide which naturally occurring substances can be declared "illegal". That type of behavior is a violation of natural law, and a sure recipe for disorder.