Saturday, November 27, 2010

Watching Sarah Palin's Alaska



I count myself among one of the 5 million viewers who tuned in to watch Sarah Palin's Alaska on The Discovery Channel. (Well, technically, I recorded it on DVR and watched it later.)

In the series viewers have had the chance to see Sarah Palin and her family members go fishing, watch grizzly bears and whales, go skeet shooting, mountain climbing, and halibut fishing.
My thoughts on the show....

1) I really like the opening credit theme song "Follow Me There" by the Christian rockers Third Day.

2) I think the show is nice casual entertainment and exposes more viewers to Alaskan culture. I thought it was nice to see a normal family doing very adventurous things.

3) Sarah is down to earth and unpretentious.

4) This show will only help her popularity should she decide to run for President in 2012.

Additional memo to Democrats and other Sarah-Haters:

You underestimate this woman at your own risk. She has taken on large challenges in life and has repeatedly been victorious when others dismissed her chances. Over 5 million people tuned in to watch her show ... because they like her.

You couldn't get 5 million people to watch a show about Mitt Romney if you paid them.