Monday, May 9, 2011

Chris Christie for President?



I read something the other day on the internet that not only raised my curiosity, but it also bothered me quite a bit. There was a story about how several large political figures from Iowa were traveling to New Jersey to meet with Governor Chris Christie. Their intent was to plead for Governor Christie to enter the Presidential race in 2012. This indicated to me a complete lack of faith and trust in the candidates who are currently running for the GOP Nomination in 2012.

To be honest, I'm not that huge of a Chris Christie fan. He says a lot of things that I like, but he also has some views that I hate. He is a bit of a gun-grabber, and he also supposedly appointed a Muslim to a high court judgeship in New Jersey. Both of those facts are quite disturbing to me.

However, I admit that Christie has an honesty and directness that is refreshing for a political figure. He is seen as somewhat of a rock star in the Republican Party for getting elected in a heavily Democratic state.

I don't know if he is the right choice for America, but he is certainly one of the more appealing options in a field that looks very bleak right now.

Obama and his supporters should fear the arrival of the Governor of New Jersey.

He's the type of man that can get the big time donors and other supporters excited about 2012.