Friday, May 13, 2011

Reason # 156 why Los Angeles sucks....


The other day, I'm driving to start my work day and I turn left from Oxford southbound onto Wilshire Boulevard going eastbound. It's about 8:30 in the morning. Right next to this traffic island in the middle of Wilshire I notice a large orange object on the side of the road and I swerve a little to avoid it. As I'm going past I see that it is the body of an orange cat. Poor little kitty, I think. Probably got hit by a car sometime during the night.

I can tell that this unfortunate death is somewhat recent, because the body was larger than a football and the fur wasn't too messed up. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to deal with it as I needed to pick up people from a hotel in a few minutes. I figure that thousands and thousands of people use this part of Wilshire Boulevard. Somebody will call it into Animal Services, or move the body themselves.

Well, as you can tell from the title of this blog post, that didn't happen.
I go driving by the next day and guess what? Yep. All of the self-centered people in LA continued to ignore this cats body, even though it was really obvious. When I drove by the next day it had been 24 hours and probably ten thousand people had gone past that spot and not a one of them had done a damn thing.

The poor cats body had been hit many times and had been crushed to about two inches thick.

I had a few days off of work, but then ended up going past there the other day. Emergency vehicles had slowed traffic on Wilshire to a crawl. I snapped this photo of what is left of the cat. Probably run over thousands of times now on one of the busiest streets in Los Angeles. I think this cat is about the thickness of a cracker by now.

What does it say about the people of LA that they just sit there and do nothing?
There are dozens of businesses located within yards of where this cat died.
And what about the drivers? Yeah, maybe the 500th guy to run it over didn't know it was a cat anymore, but what about the 2nd, or the 3rd? Jesus, it's been two weeks now. It is still there.

These people voted for Herb Wesson.

That explains a lot....