Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day


I have to be honest. Mothers Day has never meant much to me. My Mother died back in the 1970's when I was just a kid. She had epilepsy and suffered from occasional seizures. Her health declined and she eventually died from this problem. My memories of her grow weaker and weaker as I get older.

One thing I do know is that, as her first born child, I was the absolute joy of her life. She said my very existence was the greatest achievement of her life. I'm glad to know I gave her such happiness.

Her goal in life was to be an "Italian Momma" and have a house full of kids. She did have four children before dying at a very young age. I believe she was 32 when she died. Sadly, she had four children who were all under 9 years old at the time.

I regret that she was not around to share life experiences with.

And yes, that is me in the photo. I had blond hair when I was kid.
(I'm also a little bit Norwegian...maybe that would explain it)